I know what you are thinking. Not another blog that is raving about avocado toast! Listen, we understand some of you are resisting the avocado. Alone, avocados are very bland fruit; but when paired with other ingredients, it can be very delicious and very beneficial. Here is a list of reasons why you need to stop resisting and bow down to the holy avocado:
- It is nutritious and contains most of the vitamins we need in our daily diet
- It is heart healthy and can reduce high cholesterol
- It contains more potassium than bananas
- It is loaded with fiber
- It’s fat can help you absorb nutrients from plant foods
- It can help prevent cancer
- It can relieve symptoms of arthritis
- It can help you lose weight
…. and guess what. There are so many more benefits than there are listed! For more facts about avocados, visit healthnfitnesshops.com. Now let’s get back to cooking.
- 1 avocado
- 1 slice of bread (I prefer multigrain bread or whole wheat to further make my snack delicious and nutritious)
- 1/4 cup of chopped onions (I like onions for the extra flavor. What’s great about avocado toast is that you can add whatever you want! See the featured photo for some inspiration)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper
Making avocado toast isn’t rocket science. All you need to do is put your slice of bread in a toaster and set it to a time that you are comfortable with. While your slice of bread is turning into toast, cut open your avocado and scrape out all the good stuff with a spoon. Use a spoon and a bowl to mash up the avocado and mix it with your 1/4 cup of chopped onions. When your toast is ready, take a knife and spread on your mixing like butter. Drizzle on the olive oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
And there you go! The perfect snack for those who want something quick, healthy, and oh so scrumptious.
Stay tuned every Sunday for more recipes for the soul!